Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Legend of Lake Effect



Here's Jax at the hotel in Missoula.

So we are still in the 'Cuse, waiting for our visas. Haven't heard anything at this point even though our 6 to 8 weeks have passed... hopefully in the next couple of days. So the plan now is to hear and receive our visas and then maybe we can fly out before the Super Bowl (I wonder if the commercials are as big a deal in Sweden).


In other news...


We lucked out on the weather for our drive across and have been looking forward to the "feet" of snow that they get here in Syracuse. So far we've got about four inches. And as Ryan Lahne pointed out back in Pullman, "I've shoveled snow like every day." So we heard about this big snow storm that was supposed to roll in last weekend and dump a foot of snow on Sunday. Sunday came and went and nothing happened. Although it did dump over three feet about 30 miles to the north. So close.

I got to see my mom and Kelly this weekend. She flew into Syracuse to help him to drive across country to San Diego. It was nice to see them before we go and next time we will see them will be in Berkley in June. They have not been as lucky with the weather at this point. Now they are about half way there now.

So we have some pictures from our drive that I have been negligent in posting so I'm going to start doing that. I may post them one at a time or all at once, whatever allows me to put in snappy captions. We'll see.

(9:05 pm update - its snowy and we just had some thunder. Up until the last couple weeks I've never heard of a snowy thunderstorm, but this is probably the third one we've heard about... cra cra)

No comments: