Friday, November 28, 2008

Svart Fredag

How Much Is Your Dollar Worth?
$1 = 8.0882 SEKHappy Black Friday everyone. Hope you all are out finding some holiday deals and pumping some cash into the economy and get that thing turned around.

Above is a picture of Gamla Stan in Stockholm from Monday. You'll never believe what I was doing. I was down there to audition for a part in a video game of all things. I mean, why not, I had some extra time on my hand. I responded to an ad looking for an "authentic American voice." I have one of those so I read for a voice part as a young marine in the Pacific during WWII. It was really fun to go down and yell things like "grenaaaaaade" and "meeeeeeeedic" into the microphone. I got some good feedback from the sound director who said I had a real shot. It was good to know that I didn't totally suck at it. As a thanks for coming in I got to pick a game from their game shop, which was sweet. Unfortunately they decided to go with someone else this time but they'll keep my audition on file for future projects.

And so, the job search continues... (not that that was a career choice or anything, it was only going to be two half days of reading, but to hear myself get shot and die in a video game, priceless.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy December! See you in a few weeks I hope =)