Monday, June 22, 2009

BIG NEWS

How Much Is Your Dollar Worth?
$1 = 7.9767 SEK


So we have been on hiatus recently as we are finishing up a major"ish" kitchen project in the house. We were lucky to have Ragen's folks come in and help us with it for a few days as well as bring Jax back for us. We really appreciated them looking out for him while we are in Sweden but we are very happy to have him back with us. Unfortunately for him summer has arrived here in the mid west with current temps in the 90's with some high humidity pushing our heat index into the triple digits. Fun times. But he gets to stay inside with the AC blowing to keep him cool until the evening when we go for our walks and he ignores the fire flys.

The really big news that some people probably already know is that we are expecting a little one this fall. Around the second week of October we are going to have a little boy. So we are very excited about that and have picked out a name for him, now we just need to figure out the spelling. We are going with Kieran or Ciaran. Probably the first because we think fewer people with mispronounce it given that it is the Anglicized version. We still have time to figure it out I suppose. That means that our next big project here is to get the baby's room set up. We are going with an animal theme of course and will get some pictures up as we go. We've included his first picture for everyone to see. Enjoy.



3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats guys! Pat told me a couple weeks ago when I was in Pullman and I wanted to write you then, but I don't have your email address.

I think you've picked out a great name (but then I'm a little biased towards anything Irish/Scottish!).

Anyway, Congrats again!
Emily

Steph said...

Way to bury the lead, Adam! I had no idea ... congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you ... what fantastic news. :)

Tess said...

Hey guys! Looks like a handsome fella :) Great to hear that you're doing well! I love your choice of name (although I have to repeat what Emily said - I might be a bit biased :)).

Did you hear the 'wonderful' news about Belle? Surprisingly, she became mom to a little puppy-girl this Monday :) I'll send you photos of Baby Belle soon. We have discussed what we should name her, and one of the alternatives was Trubelle (almost like Trudelle, and can be pronounced as Trubbel (=Trouble in Swedish))... ;) Let's see what Emma thinks :)

We miss you like crazy!

Hugs from Swedeland!